In the previous modules, we explored the different enhancements in Recovery Manager (RMAN) and backup strategies.
In this module, we will look at the following new enhancements in backup and recovery:
- Improvements in export and import
- Duplex or multiple archive logs
- Detect and repair of corrupted blocks
- Reports and lists about backups
- V$ data dictionary views for backup and recovery
When you have completed this module, you will be able to:
Define multiple locations for archive log files
DBMS_REPAIR package to detect and repair corrupt blocks
Use LogMiner to query the archive log files
REPORT commands within RMAN
Query the data dictionary for backup views
Describe the improvements in export and import
The next lesson is about the features of Fast-Start recovery.