Lesson 1Network Admin Course introduction
This course introduces you to the newest features introduced in Oracle8i, which is designed to help you get better database performance. This course covers the latest improvements in Net8 such as multiplexing and load balancing. It covers new features for distributed database such as support for LOB datatypes, deferred replication activity, and specialized offline snapshot maintenance. It also covers enhancements for parallel servers such as dynamic load balancing. This is the fourth course in the five-part Oracle8i New Features Certification Series. Taken in conjunction with the other courses within this series, this course will prepare you to pass the Oracle8i New Features for Administrators certification exam. Along the way, you will work on a series of course projects and exercises that will give you a chance to put your new skills to use in the context of actual business scenarios.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Set up multiplexing and connection pooling.
- Work with Net8 Assistant to create new nodes
- Understand the changes in tnsnames.ora configuration file that support new Net8 features.
- Describe new replication features such as updateable snapshots, snapshot templates, and deferred constraints.
- Create partitioned tables, including object tables and tables with LOB data.
- Set up a database to use parallel execution of queries and DML and write parallel queries and parallel DML statements.
- Describe and implement connection load balancing.
- Configure and use Oracle Management Server and new features of the Enterprise Manager.