- Hierarchical shortest path analysis (NetworkAnalyst.shortestPathHierarchical) supports hierarchical shortest path analysis for networks with multiple link levels.
- Shortest path A* analysis(NetworkAnalyst.shortestPathAStar) supports the A* shortest path algorithm with a user-defined heuristic cost function.
It provides better performance than the Dijkstra algorithm because fewer nodes are explored.
- Network buffer zones (NetworkAnalyst.networkBuffer), also called zones of influence, operation on networks. Includes coverage and cost information.
- TSP ("traveling salesman problem" or "traveling salesperson problem") analysis (NetworkAnalyst.tsp) supports the minimum cost tour that includes all given nodes. Supports both closed and open tours (start and/or end are fixed).
- Minimum cost spanning tree analysis (NetworkAnalyst.mcst) finds the links with the sum of minimum link costs to connect all nodes.
- Minimum cost polygon generation (NetworkAnalyst.withinCostPolygon) provides a spatial representation (polygon) based on the minimum cost network coverage. For example, the Drive Time polygon is one such representation when travel time is used as link cost.
- K shortest paths analysis (NetworkAnalyst.kShortestPaths) finds the k shortest paths between two nodes