Performing a backup control file recovery is a complicated process. You may need to check the status of the files you need to recover with data dictionary views from time to time.
- Shut down the database using the
- Perform a backup of the current control file.
- Restore all datafiles and control files from the backup that was made when the tablespace existed.
- Mount the database.
- Put any offline datafiles online because an offline datafile may not be recovered after an incomplete recovery. You can check this with
- Perform the recovery by issuing the
RECOVER DATABASE UNTIL TIME `<TIME>' | CANCEL | CHANGE <CHANGE_NUMBER> USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE; statement.
- In order to synchronize datafiles with the control file and redo logs, open the database with the
- Make sure that the removed objects are back.
- Perform a whole closed database backup and notify users that they need to re-enter the data that was lost after the specified recovery