This course is designed for professionals who want to become certified Oracle database administrators.
Managing an Oracle database requires a broad range of technical knowledge. In order to take this course, you need to be very comfortable working in your current
operating environment. Specifically, you should:
- Be comfortable installing and configuring software.
- Know your operating system reasonably well. You must be comfortable navigating to different directories, editing text files, copying files, running programs, and so forth.
- Have access to a text editor, such as NotePad or VI.
- Preferably have access to an Oracle or Oraclei database, so that you can follow along with the examples and create the course project.
You can still take the course if you do not have access to Oracle; you will just have to skip the hands-on exercises.
- Have a basic understanding of relational databases and how they are used.
- Be reasonably familiar with Structured Query Language (SQL). You do not need to be an expert, but you should be able to write simple SELECT statements.
You need to understand what it means to join two tables, and know how to do that.
- Be comfortable using command-line utilities rather than using a graphical user interface (GUI).