Exploring Schema Manager
- You need to log into a database. Enter “system” in the username field and press Tab to advance to the password field.
Type “dogtoad” in the password field and press Tab to advance to the service field. Next, tell Enterprise Manager the
database to which you want to connect. Type “coin” in the service field and click the OK button.
- This is the opening screen that you will see when you run Schema Manager and connect to your database. From here, click the “Tables” item to see a list of tables in the database, or you can expand the “Tables” item by clicking the
“+” next to it. Click the close box in the upper right corner to exit.
- Clicking Tables results in a list of database tables being displayed on the right-hand side of the form.
From here, you can expand the “Tables” item by clicking the “+” next to it. You may also click the close box in the
upper-right corner to exit this application.
- Clicking a specific table on the left side of the screen results in information about that table being displayed on the right.
The information is divided into four categories: General, Constraints, Storage, and Options. The General category, shown here, contains information about field definitions. Click any of the tabs or click the close box to exit.
- The Constraints tab shows any constraints that have been defined on the table. Click any of the tabs or click the close box to exit.
- The Storage tab shows storage properties for the table. These include the tablespace assignment and extent sizes. Click any of the tabs or click the close box to exit.
- The Options tab contains some optional table settings that pertain to Oracle Parallel Server. Click any of the tabs, click the close box, or click the exit button to end this simulation.