Installing Enterprise Manager
- This is the autorun screen that you get when you place the Enterprise Manager CD in the drive. Click “Begin Installation” to continue.
- This is the welcome screen. Click “Next” to continue.
- This is the first screen where you have to do some real work. You need to choose an Oracle home for the install. Type OraOEM in the name field and e:\oracle\oem in the path field. You can choose any path you like when you first install OEM.
The installer will place the software into whatever directory you specify here. The first time that you install Enterprise Manager, you will need to type these values into the fields yourself. On future installs, if you are just adding a component, you can select an existing Oracle Home from the drop-down list. Click “Next” to continue.
- Now you have to choose which part of the OEM software bundle to install. For this simulation the Enterprise Manager Client has been selected. Click “Next” to continue.
- You can either do a custom install, or a typical install. Accept the default value of “Typical.” Click “Next” to continue.
- Before the install begins, the installer will show you this summary screen. It lists the components that you are going to end up with when the install is done. Click “Install” to continue.
- You will briefly see this screen, with the “Deinstalling” message highlighted. This is the way the installer works and it’s nothing to worry about. Everything that you saw in the summary will be installed. Click anywhere on the screen to continue.
- When the install is done, you will get this screen. Click “Exit” to quit the installer.
- This dialog box asks if you are really done. You are, so click “Yes.”
- When the installer exits, you will be back on the autorun screen.