Start Net services with line commands
- Start the Listener Controller by typing the following command and then pressing Enter: lsnrctl
- You can see that you are in the Listener Controller because the prompt has changed to LSNRCTL>. To view the status of all listeners on this node, type this command and press Enter: status
- As you can see, the listener named LISTENER has been up and running for 1 hour, 9 minutes, and 43 seconds. Shut down the listener by typing this command and pressing Enter: stop
- Listener Controller displays feedback indicating that your command worked. Now, start the listener by typing this command and pressing Enter: start
- Listener Controller displays a great deal of status information, and then displays the status of the listeners that it started. Exit the Listener Controller by typing this command and pressing Enter: exit
- Listener Controller ends and your prompt returns to the normal operating system prompt.