In the previous modules, we explored the different enhancements in Recovery Manager (RMAN) and backup strategies.
In this module, we will look at the following new enhancements in backup and recovery:
- Improvements in export and import
- Duplex or multiple archive logs
- Detect and repair of corrupted blocks
- Reports and lists about backups
- V$ data dictionary views for backup and recovery
When you have completed this module, you will be able to:
- Define multiple locations for archive log files
DBMS_REPAIR package to detect and repair corrupt blocks
- Use LogMiner to query the archive log files
- Use the
REPORT commands within RMAN
- Query the data dictionary for backup views
- Describe the improvements in export and import
The next lesson is about the features of Fast-Start recovery.