View the images below for an explanation of the recovery selection process using the Recovery Wizard for recovering tablespaces and datafiles.
You can recover the entire database to the latest time or to a point in time if the database is in ARCHIVELOG mode and MOUNT state.
To restore and recover the database using the default disk channel, perform the following steps:
- From the Backup Management menu, choose Recover to access the Recovery Wizard.
- On the Operation Selection page, select either Restore and recover, Restore only, or Recover only.
- On the Object Selection page, select Entire Database.
- Specify a range (recovery until time) on the Range Selection page of the Recovery Wizard.
You can select to recover the database to a point-in-time in the past if you have selected Restore and recover or Recover only on the Operation Selection page, and the database is in the MOUNT state and ARCHIVELOG mode.
- You can specify a point-in-time in the past by giving a time, an SCN or a log sequence number if you had selected Restore only in the Operation Selection page.
- Later, in the process, wizard pages will appear in which you will have the option to perform the following tasks:
- Specify to restore the files to a different location and rename them; thereby making datafile copies.
- Select the default configuration or any of the user created configurations for the backup. A default configuration is created by Enterprise Manager for each target database.