Welcome to Tuning Oracle SQL
Since each course is unique, make sure that you read the course-specific information about what you should expect in this course.
- This course takes an in-depth look into the concepts and skills you need to tune Oracle with SQL.
- This course will discuss the broader issues of tuning with SQL
- The course will delve into tuning with the Optimizers, the Explain Plan Utility, Hints, and other tuning techniques.
After completing this course, you will be able to tune most Oracle SQL and take the actions required to ensure optimal SQL performance
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Define the major features of Oracle SQL
- Tune using ANSI extensions
- Tune using the Explain Plan Utility
- Understand SQL Optimizer modes
- Tune using the rule-based optimizer
- Tune using the cost-based optimizer
- Tune using SQL hints
The OCP exam series
Upon completion of this course, you will have the skills required to quickly identify and correct non-optimal SQL.
In this course, you will learn and practice SQL tuning using the following widgets:
- SlideShow (A series of images that are automatically displayed in numerical order)
- MouseOver, (a tooltip over an image that provies additional information)
Tuning Oracle SQL
is the third of five courses in the Oracle Performance Tuning Certification Series
Based on years of designing and performance experience, Oracle has designed a performance methodology.
This part describes activities that can dramatically improve system performance and contains the following topics:
- Understanding Investment Options
- Understanding Scalability
- System Architecture
- Application Design Principles
- Workload Testing, Modeling, and Implementation
- Deploying New Applications
The next lesson discusses the prerequisites for the course.