Additional Advanced Queuing Features in Oracle
This module is meant to give you an introduction to Advanced Queuing, but there are some more advanced aspects of this feature that will not be covered.
- Navigating through messages in a queue
- Prioritizing messages
- Grouping messages together, so that a complex transaction can be broken up into a group of simpler messages that work together
- Subscriber lists, which allow a single message to be queued to a group of other recipients or queues
- Rule-based subscriber lists, which let you describe rules to determine the appropriate recipients on a subscriber list
- Limiting the duration of a message: If a message is not dequeued in a particular window of time, it expires and disappears from the queue
- Security on queues
- Any of the capabilities of the queue monitor
Enhanced Messaging Gateway Agent in an Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) Environment
The Oracle Scheduler will be used to start Messaging Gateway agents. Messaging Gateway will leverage the Oracle Scheduler RAC service feature so
that a Messaging Gateway agent is associated with a database service. If the instance on which a Messaging Gateway agent is running fails or is shutdown, the Oracle Scheduler will automatically restart the agent on another instance supporting that service.
Multiple Messaging Gateway Agents
Messaging Gateway is enhanced to enable multiple agents per instance and database. With this enhancement, you can now statically partition propagation jobs based on functionality, organizations, or workload and assign them to different MGW agents hosted by different database instances on different machines. This not only enables MGW to scale, but also enables propagation job grouping and isolation, which is important when MGW is used in a complicated application integration environment.
Simplified Messaging Gateway Propagation Job Configuration
An enhanced PL/SQL API consolidates the propagation subscriber and the propagation schedule into a new propagation job. It is now easier to create and schedule a propagation job for the messaging gateway.