The previous module introduced you to many of the issues surrounding the use of the Shared Server and especially some of the ways in which it differs from a dedicated listener.
This module takes a much more practical look at Shared Server , investigating how Shared Server handles various types of incoming requests and how to manage and configure
Shared Server for optimal performance.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Identify dispatcher parameters
- Configure the dispatcher for Shared Server
- Configure multiple listeners with Shared Server
- Specify relevant parameters for Shared Server servers
- Set up connection pooling using Shared Server
- Monitor Shared Server connections using UNIX and Oracle
The module begins with an examination of dispatcher parameters.