Since each course is unique, make sure that you read the course-specific information about what you should expect in this course.
- This course takes an in-depth look into the concepts and skills you need to tune Oracle with SQL.
- This course will discuss the broader issues of tuning with SQL
- The course will delve into tuning with the Optimizers, the Explain Plan Utility, Hints, and other tuning techniques.
After completing this course, you will be able to tune most Oracle SQL and take the actions required to ensure optimal SQL performance
After completing the course, you will be able to:
Define the major features of Oracle SQL
Tune using ANSI extensions
Tune using the Explain Plan Utility
Understand SQL Optimizer modes
Tune using the rule-based optimizer
Tune using the cost-based optimizer
Tune using SQL hints
Upon completion of this course, you will have the skills required to quickly identify and correct non-optimal SQL.
The five courses in the series allow you to delve in detail into the various concepts that comprise Oracle performance tuning
- Performance Tuning Basics
- Tuning the Oracle Instance
- Tuning Oracle SQL
- Backup Recovery Concepts
- Advanced Oracle Tuning Concepts
In this course, you will learn and practice SQL tuning with the following widgets:
Tuning Oracle SQL
is the third of five courses in the Oracle Performance Tuning Certification Series
The next lesson discusses the prerequisites for the course.