Creating Role with Security Manager
- Once you select Security Manager from the Oracle Enterprise Manager menu, log in as user
SYS with the password
SYS and then click OK.
- The familiar Security Manager interface includes a selection for Roles in the left-hand list box. Click the plus sign to the left of the Roles entry to see the existing roles for the database.
- The existing roles for the database are listed in the left-hand list box. Right-click the Roles entry to begin the process of creating a new role.
- Click the Create menu choice.
- The Create Role dialog allows you to create a role and assign privileges to the role. For now, just give the role the name of TEST_ROLE and click the Create button.
- Security Manager lets you know the role was successfully created. Click the OK button to return to Security Manager.
- When you return to Security Manager, you can see that a role called TEST_ROLE was added to the list of existing roles. This is the end of the simulation.