Performace Tuning Basics Course Introduction
This module discusses basic performance tuning tools and concepts associated with Oracle12c and cloud Architecture.
This is the first course in a five-part series that is designed to give you the skills to maximize the performance of your Oracle database. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity via hands-on exercises to look into the Oracle engine, and run scripts to diagnose and de-bug Oracle8 performance problems. This series of courses will also prepare you to pass Exam 4 in the Database Administrator Track of the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) exam series.
Five-part SQL Tuning Series Series
The five courses in the series allow you to delve in detail into the various concepts that comprise Oracle performance tuning.
- Performance Tuning Basics
- Tuning the Oracle Instance
- Tuning Oracle SQL
- Tuning the External Oracle Environment
- Advanced Oracle Tuning Concepts
After completing this first course, you will have the skills necessary to:
- Apply sound database design principles to ensure high performance
- Identify appropriate metrics and tuning goals for measuring and monitoring performance
- Identify the critical performance tuning steps
- Interpret Oracle alert files
- Use Oracle trace files
- Use Oracle utilities for performance tuning
- Use the V$ utilities for tuning
- Employ tuning techniques for different types of applications
So you can get the most out of this course, we strongly recommend that first-time students take the Course Orientation.
The next lesson outlines the prerequisites for this course.