Introduction to Queries, Cursors, and Views and Database Implementation
This module discusses queries, cursors and views and SQL Server Database Implementation.
MS SQL Server 2016: Queries, Cursors and Views is the second course in the SQL Server 2016 Database Implementation Certification Series.
This series is designed to:
- Provide the technical skills required to implement a database solution on Microsoft’s SQL Server 2016
- Help you prepare for the Microsoft’s 70-029 Exam, Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2016
After completing the course, you will be able to:
SELECT statements that retrieve and modify data
- Write queries that retrieve and modify data using joins and sub-queries
- Write queries that summarize data
- Create views of data
- Navigate through your table with cursors
How you will learn
As you probably know, you can interact with SQL Server in two ways:
- by issuing Transact-SQL commands, and
- by interacting with its GUI, or Graphical User Interface.
This course uses SlideShows and Mouseovers to explain the code syntax used in Transact-SQL commands, and simulations for practicing different elements of the SQL Server GUI.
Microsoft Exam Series
Queries, Cursors and Views is the second of three courses in the
SQL Server 2016 Database Implementation Certification Series
In the next lesson, the prerequisites for the course will be discussed.