Each of the different types of monitoring tracks slightly different information, but all types of auditing track the following:
- The name of the user performing the action
- The session and terminal identifier of the user performing the action
- The name of the object accessed
- The operation performed or attempted
- The completion code of the operation
- A date and time stamp for when the action was attempted, provided that this type of data is relevant to the type of auditing being done
In the next lesson, you will learn how to enable the auditing feature of your Oracle database.