By allowing you to use different character sets, your Oracle database can act as a multinational resource.
This module gave you an understanding of how Oracle allows you to use and store data with different character sets, incorporating the following
- How Oracle supports other languages
- Character sets
- National character sets
- Conversion between national language sets
The latest generation of the world's most popular database, Oracle Database 12c Release 184.108.40.206, complete with
- innovative Multitenant architecture,
- new In-Memory column store and
- support for JSON documents, is now available.
Designed for the cloud, Oracle Database 12c helps customers make more efficient use of their IT resources while continuing to improve their users' service levels and further reduce IT costs.
Follow this procedure to set the NLS_LANG environment variable for Oracle databases.
To set the NLS_LANG environment variable for Oracle databases