This module discussed how to recover datafiles for an ARCHIVELOG database in some special situations. Although these problems do not occur frequently during routine database operation, they still deserve your attention.
You must be able to recognize the problems when they occur and provide workable solutions.
Having completed this module, you should be able to:
- Recover a datafile with no backup
- Recover a file in backup mode
- Clear a corrupted online redo log file
- Perform a recovery with inactive online redo logs
- Recreate online redo log files
- Obtain recovery status information
Click the Quiz link below to review your understanding of infrequent recovery situations and redo log maintenance.
Infrequent Recovery Situations Redo Log Maintenance - Quiz