SQL Server Components
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 was a previous version of Microsoft's Enterprise database. It has been completely redesigned from its former version SQL Server 2012. It is full featured and packed with wizards that make it easier than ever to administer.
This module provides an overview of Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
After completing it, you will be able to:
- Define a relational database
- Identify and describe SQL Server 2000 services
- Describe SQL Server 2012 architecture
- Plan an effective SQL Server 2012 installation strategy
- Use the Enterprise Manager to administer SQL servers
- Use the Query Analyzer to execute queries and view their results
- Describe some of the most useful wizards available in Microsoft SQL Server 2012
In the next lesson, you will learn about the concepts underlying relational databases.
SQL Server 2016 is the latest addition to Microsoft's data platform, with a variety of new features and enhancements that deliver breakthrough performance, advanced security, and richer, integrated reporting and analytics capabilities.
Built using the new rapid-release model, SQL Server 2016 incorporates many features introduced first in the cloud in Microsoft Azure SQL Database. Furthermore, SQL Server 2016 includes the capability to dynamically migrate historical data to the cloud.
Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2016 leads you through the major changes in the data platform, whether you are using SQL Server technology on-premises or in the cloud, but it does not cover every new feature added to the platform. Instead, we explain key concepts and provide examples for the more significant features so that you can start experiencing their benefits firsthand.