This module has served to be a high-level introduction of the major issues in tuning the Oracle SGA.
You should now be able to:
- Describe the main components of the Oracle SGA
- Describe the operation of the shared pool
- Describe the functions of the library cache
- Query the data dictionary cache
- List the UGA and session memory considerations
- Describe how the data buffer cache affects performance
- Describe the performance issues related to the redo log buffer
Before you go on, click the Quiz link below and check your knowledge of the major points in this module.
Oracle Instance Tuning - Quiz
The next module explores specific tuning techniques for the shared pool.