|Lesson 2|| Database Creation Prerequisites |
|Objective|| Required background for database creation architecture|
Database Creation Prerequisites
This course is designed for professionals who want to become certified Oracle database administrators.
Managing an Oracle database requires a broad range of technical knowledge. In order to take this course, you need to be very comfortable working in your current operating environment. Specifically, you should:
- Be comfortable installing and configuring software.
- Know your operating system reasonably well. You must be comfortable navigating to different directories, editing text files, copying files, running programs, and so forth.
- Have access to a text editor, such as NotePad or VI.
- Preferably have access to an Oracle or Oraclei database, so that you can follow along with the examples and create the course project.
You can still take the course if you do not have access to Oracle; you will just have to skip the hands-on exercises.
- Have a basic understanding of relational databases and how they are used.
- Be reasonably familiar with Structured Query Language (SQL). You do not need to be an expert, but you should be able to write simple SELECT statements.
You need to understand what it means to join two tables, and know how to do that.
- Be comfortable using command-line utilities rather than using a graphical user interface (GUI).
Database Creation and Architecture is supported on MacOS, Linux, and Windows platforms.
Any computer, tablet or mobile device that has a browser.
Any operating-system-specific examples will be provided in both Windows and Linux versions.
Reasons to become Certified in Oracle
You have made the right decision to pursue certification, because being certified in the latest version of Oracle, Oracle
Database 12c, will give you a distinct advantage in this highly competitive market.
Many readers may already be familiar with Oracle and do not need an introduction
to Oracle databases. Oracle created the first commercial relational database and is now the world’s leading database
company and second-largest independent software company with revenues of more than
$37 billion, and is headquartered in Redwood City, California.
Oracle databases are the de facto standard for large Internet sites, mission-critical enterprise
applications, and cloud solutions. With the acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Oracle offers complete enterprise business solutions with engineered systems capable of running world-class databases and applications. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application
suites, data warehouses, and business applications at many large and medium-sized companies
rely on Oracle. The demand for DBA resources remains higher than others during
weak economic times.
This course is intended to help you on your path toward becoming an Oracle
Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate (OCA), which is the first step on the path
toward Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) and Oracle Certified Master (OCM) certification.
This book covers two of the exams required for the OCA certification. Using this book and a practice database, you can start learning Oracle Database 12c and pass the
1Z0-061 Oracle Database 12c: SQL Fundamentals
1Z0-062 Oracle Database 12c Installation and Administration exams.