This module examined the features of the Configuration Manager and outlined its uses and options. To review:
- CMAN is an alternative to a Oracle Net listener with several additional enhancements.
- Just like a Oracle Net listener, CMAN supports connection pooling (connection concentration) and multiple protocol support.
- CMAN introduces a new feature called Network Access Control that enables CMAN to filter incoming requests based upon the source server, and accept or reject connections based upon the origin of the request.
- CMAN is controlled with the CMCTL utility command.
- CMAN parameters are stored in the cman.ora initialization file.
- CMAN consists of two processes: the CMAN gateway (CMGW) and the CMAN administrator (CMADM).
The next module discusses how you can use Oracle Net8 logging and tracing to troubleshoot Net8 connectivity problems.