Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) is a robust tool that allows database administrators (DBAs) to manage the Oracle environment through a single, integrated solution. Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c provides comprehensive, end-to-end management of the Oracle ecosystem, including performance monitoring, configuration management, and lifecycle management, among other features.
The Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c interface comprises various components:
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control: This is the main component of OEM 13c. It provides a unified view of the entire IT infrastructure, including all Oracle databases, middleware, and hosts, from a single console. It allows you to monitor and manage the complete Oracle stack in an integrated fashion.
- Home Page: The Home Page is the landing interface once you log into OEM. It provides an overview of the system's status and hosts alerts, job statuses, and system utilization metrics. It's designed to provide a quick snapshot of the health of your database environment.
- Targets: In the OEM interface, a "target" refers to any entity you can manage or monitor, such as databases, hosts, middleware, or applications. The 'Targets' menu allows for navigation to specific target types like databases, hosts, or middleware.
- Performance Hub: The Performance Hub provides a holistic view of performance data in real-time and helps diagnose performance problems. It combines data from the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH), and Real-Time SQL Monitoring.
- Job System: The Job System is a powerful feature for scheduling routine administrative tasks such as backups or gathering statistics. It allows jobs to be run immediately or scheduled for a later date and time.
- Incident Manager: The Incident Manager component helps manage and resolve incidents and problems in your environment. It provides a consolidated view of all problems and incidents, along with an interface for notifying administrators and tracking resolution progress.
- Compliance Framework: The Compliance Framework helps organizations adhere to their operational and regulatory standards by assessing the compliance of their targets with built-in or custom rules and standards.
- Database Lifecycle Management: The Database Lifecycle Management feature provides a set of tools for provisioning, patching, cloning, and upgrading databases. It also provides configuration management and compliance capabilities.
- Cloud Management: For organizations leveraging Oracle's cloud solutions, OEM 13c provides a range of features to manage cloud services, set up cloud infrastructure, and migrate to the cloud.