You will create a command to relocate a table and then answer some questions about table management.
The House-O-Pets has added a thousand customers since its email business went online three months ago. You have purchased a new hard drive and want to move the customer data to this new equipment.
Answer these questions by typing the answers into the text box below or preparing your answers and copying them into the text box.
Write the SQL command to move the customer data. The table name is:
The new tablespace (located on the new hard drive) is called
2. Besides allowing more room for growth, what is a benefit of moving a table?
3. What other technique could be used to increase the available space for the table?
Click the Submit
button to submit your answers.
Remember that you must submit all your responses to this exercise at once
- The SQL command to move the customer data should look like this:
ALTER TABLE CUSTOMER_OBJ_TABLE MOVE
- Another benefit of moving a table is that unused gaps of space are eliminated.
- You can add a new data file to the existing tablespace to increase the available space.