Design tables for the database that will be used in the course project.
This exercise is worth 10 points. The exercise is auto-scored, which means that all you have to do to receive credit for it is click the Submit
For the course project you are going to be working on a database that tracks customers and projects for a small home
decorating business. I will give you some examples of the data you will need to store,
and you come up with the names of tables and the fields they will contain.
Here is a list of the type of information you will want to track:
- Customer information such as company name, contact name, address, and so on.
- Projects and which customer they are for
- How much time you spend working on a project
Use the following steps to design for the tables in the database, and the fields needed in each table.
- You will first need to break your information into categories (tables), and then topics (fields) for each of those categories.
- Create your tables by filling in the categories needed in your database. You can create as many categories as you need.
Now break your categories (tables) down into related topics, or fields. Fill the slots below each category to reference your fields. When you are done, click the Submit
button to see how I designed the tables.