In this module, you will put your understanding of Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) to work and use it to create and manage physical file copies.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Perform online and offline backups
- Describe backup sets versus image copies
- Identify the use of channels with backup operations
- Recognize the use of tags and backups
- Create an image copy
- Identify why and how to parallelize the creation of image copies
- Use the operating system to create image copies
With this knowledge, you will be able to back up your system using file copies-one of two methods of implementing a backup strategy.
In the next lesson, you will learn about the two basic types of file backup, offline backup and online backup.