In this module, you learned about the use of backup sets with Recovery Manager.
Now that you have completed this module, you should be able to:
- Review the concept of a backup set
- Identify the syntax of the
- Discuss how and why Recovery Manager multiplexes backup sets
- Demonstrate how Recovery Manager parallelizes backup sets
- Identify data file backup sets
- Identify archive log backup sets
Any backup and recovery plan that you create will no doubt make extensive use of backup sets.
The following term was introduced in this module:
- formatspec: A variable placeholder. The formatspec tag can be used as part of the BACKUP command, which means it will apply to all backup specs in the command or on an individual backup_spec. The tag can also be used in the ALLOCATE command to apply to all files which will use that channel.
In the next module, you will learn some advanced techniques for using Recovery Manager.